Painting rocks is fun with family and friends!
It's also a great way to spread kindness in your community. Please join me and my group as we work together to spread kindness.
Here's how it works:
1. Join NJ Rocks-MN (Monmouth County) on Facebook.
2. Collect or buy rocks for painting.
3. Paint your rocks with inspirational, fun and uplifting messages and/or images.
4. Spray a clear finish over the top of your painted rock. Please be sure to do this outside in a well-ventilated area and wear a mask and goggles for protection if needed. Let dry.
5. Use a fine tip permanent marker to label the back of your rock with the following information:
NJ Rocks-MN (Monmouth County) on Facebook Join US!
6. Brush a clear coat of a decoupage sealer with a gloss finish over the back of your rock. This works better with the permanent marker than the spray finish. Let dry.
7. Post photos to our Facebook group and hide your rocks! You can also add fun hints and inspirational thoughts to your post.
*Please be sure to be careful when collecting and hiding rocks. Hide rocks in public areas only where they can be seen and out of the way of walkways, parking lots and streets. Children should have the permission of their parents and only collect and hide rocks with adult supervision.
What You'll Need:
Small Paint Brushes
Fine Tip Permanent Markers
Spray Clear Sealer
Decoupage Glue Sealer Gloss Finish
Embossing and Stylus Tool Set for Dotting
Industrial Strength Clear Adhesive for Adding Embellishments and Gluing Rocks Together
Interested in Starting Your Own Rock Painting Group?
Thank you for your interest in helping us spread kindness. While we are happy to have you join our group, it is encouraged that you start one of your own or join another group in your community. The idea is to have as many people as we can spreading kindness. You can belong to and support as many rock painting groups as you want. Just be sure to share your progress with us.
Keep an Eye Out for Fun and Exciting Rock Painting Challenges from it's about ART!on Facebook!
Follow our group NJ ROCKS-MN (Monmouth County) on Facebook to hear about the latest rock painting challenges that will inspire our members to simultaneously paint the chosen rock theme for spreading kindness. It's a fun and creative way to know that we are all working together to spread kindness.
The best part of painting and hiding rocks is hoping that someone finds the rock on a day that they need it the most. Whoever finds the rock can keep it for themselves or they can hide it again for someone else to find. The important thing to remember is that even though kindness is free, it's worth a lot to someone who needs it!
"Do not underestimate a moment of your kindness.
It has the power to change lives in ways you may never know".
- Author Unknown
it's about ART!ROCKS
Bridge to Wellness
Rock Painting Party